I gathered some of the most common questions asked during Interview for an Utilization Management Nonclinical job for physicians.
- How did you hear about us?
- Do you know anyone who works in our organization?
- Did you go through our website?
- Why do you desire to make a transition from clinical to nonclinical position in UM?
- Are you board certified? Do you have any malpractice issues so far? Do you have any issues with medical license, getting privileges in your hospital, or were you ever fired?
- What are weakness/strengths you might have performing this new role?
- What are your long term career goals?
- Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a colleague. How did you resolve it?
- Do you have good interpersonal skills to act with diplomacy and work well within a team environment?
- Describe a situation in which you had to make a sudden decision. How did you choose to address it?
- Can you describe a situation in which you had to give negative feedback?
- Do you have any experience in utilization management?
- Did you take part in hospital utilization review committee, quality committee, or peer review committee?
- Are you aware of McKesson InterQual criteria and Milliman Care Guidelines (MCG)?
- What do you understand by two Midnight rule, condition code 44?
- How do you handle Peer-to-Peer reviews?
- Tell me an example of how you are flexible and can adapt easily to change?
- What are some of your accomplishments so far?
- Do you have any leadership experience?
- Are you a member of American College of Physician Advisors (ACPA) or American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. (ABQAURP)? Do you intend to become board certified physician advisor?
- What EMRs you have worked with so far?
- Do you want to work part time or full time?
- What kind of salary would you expect?
- Do you have any questions for me?
If you have interview experience or want to add any more nonclinical medical director interview questions or if you have suggestions, please comment below.
Join our Physician Advisors/ Utilization Management Facebook Group if you did not join yet.